About the Program
Information security refers to protecting information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction. The goals include protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information. Information security is one of the cornerstones for the continued expansion and acceptance of the information society. At the same time it is also a fundamental research discipline within computer science, with many basic open problems, both theoretical and applied.
One of the main paradigm shifts of the emerging information society is that information is stored and exchanged in electronic form. This electronic representation differs radically from traditional representations for instance, electronic data can be copied without cost, it can be erased without leaving traces, and it can be communicated without effort over large distances. The downside of these features is that protecting information, which is of crucial importance for the information society, has become fundamentally more difficult. This is the problem that research in information security addresses, both in terms of finding solutions to pressing security problems and in terms of laying the foundations for developing a secure information infrastructure for the future.
All organizations, including governments, military, financial institutions, hospitals, and private businesses, gather and store a great deal of confidential information about their employees, customers, products, research, and financial operations. Most of this information is collected, processed and stored on electronically and transmitted across networks to other computers. Protecting confidential information is a business requirement, and in many cases also an ethical and legal requirement. For the individual, information security has a significant effect on privacy and identity theft.
In light of the depth and breadth of this problem, and the fact that information security plays such a fundamental role in so many areas of computer science today, this M.Tech program is being offered
The course is designed to provide a balanced mixture of theoretical and professional training in Cryptology and Information Security so that the students, on successful completion of the course, may take up either
(a) a professional career in information security or specialised application areas
(b) an academic career for further study and research in the theoretical and applied aspects of Cryptology and Information Security, and related disciplines.
Security is a major concern in all organisations. In particular, governments and industries worldwide have forecast a shortage of and high demand for information security professionals. One can expect good employment prospects with local and multinational businesses, governments, financial and banking institutions, and consulting firms as IT security specialists, IT security auditors, network and systems specialists, and IT security product developers and solution providers.
A Full-time 2 year M.Tech Programme in Information Security is being planned that will develop the skills of a professional in the following areas:
- Analyze the network security threats
- Analyze the network traffic
- Knowledge of various attack methods
- In-depth understanding of core system technologies in the security point of view
- In-depth understanding of cryptography
- In-depth understanding of security tools implementation and internals
- Usage of security tools and technologies
- Ability to analyze new security requirements and development of new tools
Number of Seats: 18 (Eighteen) (Regular) + 5 (Five) Sponsored = 23 (Total).
- Regular Students: The duration of the programme is two years (2 semester course work and 2 semesters Dissertation).
- Sponsored Students: The duration of the programme is two years (2 semester course work and 2 semesters Dissertation). However, these students will have an option to carry out their final dissertation (in the second year) in their respective institutes. The dissertation is to be submitted within stipulated time.
Minimum Qualification for Admission (any of the following)
- B.Tech (CSE/IT/EEE/ECE)
- MCA with Mathematics at 10+2 level or equivalent
- M.Sc. (Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics)
- M.Sc.(Computer Science, IT, Electronics)
Note : The candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in their qualifying examination.
- Applicants need to apply to the University as per the prescribed application form (http://acad.uohyd.ac.in/EE19.html)
- Regular Seats : Admission to these seats is based on valid GATE scores in Computer Science and Information Technology only. AICTE GATE fellowship will be provided.
- Sponsored Seats : Admission to these seats is based on Interview only. GATE scores are not required. Employees with a minimum 2 years of work experience in IT companies registered with STPI or NASSCOM or Central Government Organizations can apply for this programme. The students admitted in sponsored mode will not get any fellowship.
Course StructureSemester I Total Credits- 23
- IS01 Mathematical Foundation for Information Security
- IS02 Secure Operating System and Computer Organization
- IS03 Computer Networks
- IS04 Software Engineering and Databases
- IS05 Laboratory: Reverse Engineering and Malware Analysis
- Elective-1/Optional core-1
- IS06 Principles and Standards of Information Security
- IS07 Security Tools and Technologies
- IS08 Computer and Network Security
- IS09 Laboratory: Side Channel Analysis
- Elective-2 /Optional core-2
- Elective-3 /Optional core-3
- Dissertation & Thesis
- CS11 Ethical Hacking & Computer Forensics
- CS12 Current trends in Web Security
- CS13 Information System Control and Audit
- CS14 Cloud Computing and Security
- CS15 Big Data Security
- IS11 Introduction to Cryptography
- IS12 Statistics and Probability
- IS13 Machine Learning
- IS14 Automata, Languages and Computation
- IS15 BlockChain Technology
Fees* [All Fees inclusive but without Academic Development Funds (ADF)]
Rs.18,770 /semester for Regular Students
Rs.40,000 /semester for Sponsored Students
NOTE * Additional amount towards ADF,s.t. revision:
- One time payment at the time of admission is Rs 50,000 (for Regular Students)
- One time payment at the time of admission is Rs 1,00,000 (for Sponsored Students)
Admission Procedure (Mode of Selection)
- Applicants need to apply to the University as per the prescribed application form (https://online.uohyd.ac.in/LogUOH.aspx). The filled application form should also be emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regular Seats: Admission to these seats is based on valid GATE scores in Computer Science and Information Technology only. On approval from AICTE GATE fellowship will be provided.
- Sponsored Seats: Admission to these seats is based on Interview only (jointly conducted by UoH and CRRAO-AIMSCS). GATE scores are not required. Employees with a minimum 2 years of work experience in IT companies registered with STPI or NASSCOM or Central Government Organizations can apply for this programme
Award of Degree
Degree will be awarded by the University of Hyderabad
Last date for submitting the Online Application: 03-05-2019
In terms of the provisions under the All India Council for Technical Education (Grant of Approvals for Technical Institutions) Regulations, 2016 notified by the Council vide notification number F.No.AB/AICTE/REG/2016 dated 30/11/2016 and amended on December 5, 2017 and other notifications, as applicable and published from time to time, I am directed to convey the approval to.
|Permanent Id||Application Id||1-3722535124|
|Name of the Institution||C R RAO ADVANCED INSTITUTE OF MATHEMATICS STATISTICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE||Name of the Society/Trust||C R RAO ADVANCED INSTITUTE OF MATHEMATICS, STATISTICS AND COMPUTER SCIENC|
|Institution Address||C.R.RAO ADVANCED INSTITUTE OF MATHEMATICS, STATISTICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE (AIMSCS) UNIVERSITY OF HYDERABAD CAMPUS, PROF.CRRAO ROAD, GACHIBOWLI, HYDERABAD, Telangana, 500046
||Society/Trust Address||C.R.RAO ADVANCED INSTITUTE OF MATHEMATICS, STATISTICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE (AIMSCS) UNIVERSITY OF HYDERABAD CAMPUS, PROF.CRRAO ROAD,HYDERABAD,HYDERABAD, Telangana,500046|
|Institution Type||Govt aided||Region||South-Central|
To conduct following Courses with the Intake indicated below for the Academic Year 2018-19*
|Sr. No.||Program||Shift||Level||Course||FT/P T+
||Affiliating Body (Univ/Body)||Intake Appro ved for 201819||NRI Approv al Status||PIO / FN / Gulf quota/ OCI/ Approval Status|
|1||ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOG||1s||POST GRADUATE||INFORMATION SECURITY||FT||University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad||18||NA||NA|
+FT –Full Time,PT-Part Time
Note: The approval is valid for two years from the date of issue of this letter only for getting affiliation with respective University/ Board of Technical Education (BTE)/ Board of Technical Education & Training (BTET) (as applicable) and fulfilling State Govt. requirements for admission. If institution is unable to start in the academic session 2018-19 due to reason mentioned above, the institution will have to apply On-line on AICTE web portal in next academic session for continuation of approval.
The Society/Trust/Institution shall obtain necessary affiliation / permission from the concerned affiliating University/ Board of Technical Education (BTE)/ Board of Technical Education & Training (BTET)(as applicable) as per the prescribed schedule of the University/ Board of Technical Education (BTE)/ Board of Technical Education & Training (BTET)(as applicable) Admission authority etc. The Applicant Society/Trust/Institution shall send information about commencement of the above courses to AICTE. In case the Institution is not in a position to commence the above mentioned courses for whatever reason during the two years period from the date of issue of this letter, the approval becomes invalid and the applicant Society/Trust/Institution shall make fresh application to AICTE for grant of approval as per the norms prevailing at that time.
All Institutions shall fulfill the following general conditions:
- The management shall provide adequate funds for development of land and for providing related infrastructural, instructional and other facilities as per norms and standards laid down by the Council from time to time and for meeting recurring expenditure.
- The Eligibility Criteria for admissions shall be made in accordance with the regulations notified by the Council from time to time.
- The tuition and other fees shall be charged as prescribed by the Competent Authority within the overall criteria prescribed by the Council from time to time. No capitation fee shall be charged from the students/ guardians of students in any form. If found so, appropriate action as per the notified regulations shall be initiated against the Institution
- The Curriculum of the course, the procedure for evaluation / assessment of students shall be in accordance with the Model Curriculum and Examination Reforms prescribed by the AICTE from time to time.
- The management of the Institution shall not discontinue any course(s) or start any new course(s) or alter intake capacity of seats without the prior approval of the Council.
- No excess admission shall be made by the Institution over and above the approved intake under any circumstances. In case any excess admission is reported to the Council, appropriate action as per the notified regulations shall be initiated against the Institution.
- The Institution shall not have any collaborative arrangements with any other Indian and / or Foreign Universities for conduct of technical courses without obtaining prior approval from AICTE. In case any violation is reported to the Council, appropriate action as per the notified regulations shall be initiated against the Institution
- The Institution shall not conduct any course(s) as specified in the Approval Process Handbook without prior permission / approval of AICTE. If found so, appropriate action as per the notified regulations shall be initiated against the Institution.
- The Institution shall operate only from the approved location, and that the institution shall not open any off campus study centers / extension centers directly or in collaboration with any other institution / university / organization for the purpose of imparting technical education without obtaining prior approval from the AICTE. If found so, appropriate action as per the notified regulations shall be initiated against the Institution.
- The accounts of the Institution shall be audited annually by a certified Chartered Accountant and shall be open for inspection by the Council or persons authorized by it.
- Heads of Departments, the teaching and other staff shall be appointed in given time frame and selection shall be done according to procedures, qualifications and experience prescribed by the Council from time to time and pay scales are as per the norms prescribed by the AICTE from time to time. The Institution shall publish an information booklet before commencement of the academic year giving details regarding the Institution and courses / programs being conducted, Fees charged and details of infrastructural facilities including faculty etc. in the form of mandatory disclosure. The information booklet may be made available to the stakeholders of the technical education. The mandatory disclosure information, as per directions in the AICTE website / Approval Process Handbook, shall be put on the Institution Website. The information shall be revised every year with updated information about all aspects of the Institution.
- It shall be mandatory for the Institution to maintain a Website providing the prescribed information. The Website information must be continuously updated as and when changes take place.
- If the Institution fails to disclose the information or suppress and / or misrepresent the information, appropriate action as per the notified regulations shall be initiated against the Institution.
- AICTE may also conduct inspections with or without notifying the dates to verify specific complaints, to verify adherence to AICTE norms & standards, and to verify any mis-representation, violation of norms & standards, mal-practices etc.
- The Institution by virtue of the approval given by Council shall not automatically become claimant to any grant-in-aid from the Central or State Government.
- In the event of a student / candidate withdrawing before the starting of the course, the wait listed candidates should be given admission against the vacant seat. The entire fee collected from the student, after a deduction of the processing fee of not more than Rs. 1000/-(Rupees one thousand only) shall be refunded and returned by the Institution to the student / candidate withdrawing from the program. It would not be permissible for the Institution to retain the School / Institution Leaving Certificates in original to force retention of admitted students and not to charge fees for the remaining period if a student cancels the admission at any point of time.
- The Institution shall take appropriate measures for prevention of ragging in any form, in the light of AICTE regulation "Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging in Technical Institutions, Universities including Deemed to Universities imparting technical education" Regulation 2009 (F.No. 37-3/Legal/AICTE/2009 dated 01/07/2009). In case of failure to prevent the instances of ragging by the Institutions, the Council shall take appropriate action as per the notified regulations.
The Management of the Institution shall strictly follow further conditions as may be specified by the Council from time to time.The Council may withdraw the approval, in case it observe any violation of the above conditions and/or non- adherence to the norms and standards prescribed by the Council, mis-representation of facts and submitting factually incorrect information to it.